Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Teaching Philosophy

My teaching philosophy is something that I really haven't finished. I think it would go along the lines of catering to the learning styles of each of my students. Since I will becoming a preschool or something along those age lines, I want to try to to care about each one of my students. I plan on getting to them individually and hope that will help me teach them better.

Now, granted not all of my students will be on the same level as the others learning wise, that's why if I get to know them personally I can assess their needs and help them in anyway possible. I want to be able to say at the end of each day that I'm a teach that I helped each and everyone of my students that day in achieving their dreams.

Helping children at this young age is really the most crucial. You want to cherish and nurish their dreams and help them realize that even that they are so young in age, that it really is possible to reach for your dream.
A student who is supressed and has their dreams crushed by a teacher when they're in their early years can be very tramatizing. Having someone say to you "You can't have that. You've reached too high." can be very hurtful to hear. But so what if that's true? Isn't it best for you that you have a goal you always have to reach high for? In reaching high you strengthen what your abilities are and have the motivation to strive for something more than what you have. You should never be happy with what you have, but try to go for something more. Even if it's unattainable shouldn't it matter that you just tried to get it? And in trying you made you life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment